HEALTHY FOOD HABITS | 5 BENEFITS OF EATING HEALTHY FOOD.
What is considered a healthy food?
Food that keeps your body sustained and full of energy to work, play and engaged is considered healthy food.
Eating a healthy diet throughout life helps prevent malnutrition in all its forms and a range of non-communicable diseases (NCDs) and conditions. However, an increase in the production of processed foods, rapid urbanization, and changing lifestyles have led to changes in diet. People now eat a lot of strong foods, fats, free sugar and salt/sodium, and most people do not eat enough fruits, vegetables and other fiber such as grains.
Proteins, water, carbohydrates, fats, vitamins, and minerals all together form a balanced diet. Using organic food in your diet can be a key charm. Daily food served is different for children, teenagers, women and men. An eating plan that helps manage your weight includes a variety of healthy foods. Add an array of colors to your plate and think of it as eating the rainbow.
Benefits of healthy food
- Energies your body
- Boosts immunity
- Keeps skin, teeth and eyes healthy
Helps in digestive system function -helps you live longer
Role of organic food in your diet:
Organic foods have more intake of vitamins and nutrients. They are preferred more over chemical-mixed foods. They have more nutritional value than any other type of food product, are beneficial in preserving you from various kinds of diseases such as heart disease, migraine, diabetes and cancer.
Advantages of organic food in your diet:
- Organic produce contains fewer pesticides. Chemicals such as synthetic fungicides, herbicides, and insecticides are widely used in conventional agriculture and residues remain on the food we eat.
- Organic foods might be safer to eat. because it doesn’t contain preservatives that make it last longer
- Organic food is GMO-free. Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs) or genetically engineered (GE) foods are plants whose DNA has been altered in ways that cannot occur in nature or in traditional crossbreeding, most commonly in order to be resistant to pesticides or produce an insecticide.
- Organic food contains more vitamins, minerals, enzymes and micronutrients than conventionally raised food.
Disadvantages of not using organic food in your diet:
- Long-term consumption of non-organic foods can cause endocrine problems and neurotoxicity.
- Long-term use of pesticides can increase the number of antibiotic-resistant bacteria.
- Pesticides in non-organic foods can lead to an increased risk to certain cancer types such as leukaemia, prostate, lungs, breast and skin.
WHICH IS BETTER ORGANIC OR NON-ORGANIC?
After weighing the pros and cons, we may agree to the fact that organic foods could be better than non-organic foods as the prior is obtained in a natural way, which will always prove to be beneficial for our health.
Some Important Factors To Consider While Consuming Healthy Food
Buy fruits and vegetables in their specific season
Pick foods from a variety of sources so that you won’t be exposed to a single pesticide.
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HEALTHY FOOD AND UNHEALTHY FOOD
- Generally, healthy food helps in providing more energy to your body so that you can work all day long without feeling exhausted compared to unhealthy food.
- Many people avoid eating healthy, nutritional food because they don’t find it tasteful. On the other hand, unhealthy foods are available in various varieties and are tasty as well. But that’s a drawback to living a healthy life.
- According to a research-based study, over 92% of people choose unhealthy food options but only 8% of participants preferred healthy food in their daily life . And no doubt that 8% are living a healthy life with their healthy food consumption.
Some consequences of not eating healthy food
1 Weight gain and obesity due to lack of healthy food
2 Increased cancer risk
3 Increased osteoporosis risk
4 Increased coronary artery disease risk.
Orgalife Provides 100% Organic and Natural Home made, best quality of CHEMICAL-FREE and NO PESTICIDES products which is beneficial to keep oneself healthy.
We offer a wide range of organic products.
Check out our products-